Match Reports‎ > ‎

U14's Lose To Strong Cooraclare Team

posted 22 Jul 2013, 15:16 by Patricia Donnellan   [ updated 22 Jul 2013, 15:19 ]
22/07/2013: Kildysart/Coolmeen U14's played a physical and entertaining match against a strong Cooraclare side  in Cooraclare this evening. The first few minutes were tight. Both teams played good football but were unable to get a score thanks to good defending from both sets of backs, until the fifth minute when good play from Cooraclare unlocked the Kil/Cool defence and ended in a well-taken goal. The home side added to their tally with a brilliantly taken long range free a minute later. Stephen Sheehan put Kil/Cool on the score board with a good point which was well worked up the pitch. Soon after Cooraclare were through on goal again but their forward was dragged down, resulting with the ref awarding a penalty. But Cooraclare were denied their chance to go 6 points ahead with a fantastic save from goalie Emmet McMahon, keeping the score 1-01 to a point in favour of the home team. With five minutes to go in the half Dylan O' Halloran took his chance and scored Kil/Cool's second and last point of the first half. That was soon cancelled out when Cooraclare pointed with three minutes remaining in the first half. Soon after Cooraclare won a free near the 45' metre line. It was powerfully struck and ended up in the back of the net, goalkeeper Emmet not able to see the ball because of all the bodies in front of him. A minute later the half time whistle blew, with the score at Cooraclare 2-02 Kil/Cool 0-02.
        Kil/Cool made a bright start to the second half with wing forward Dylan Power finishing off a good move with  a point. Cooraclare responded with a point before midfielder Seamus Casey got his first score of the day. A high ball was put into the square from a free and somehow he managed to put in the back of the net. In the 39th minute Cooraclare scored their second point of the second half and kept the ball up that end of the field & added two more scores after using their height to their advantage by winning the kick outs, leaving it 1-03 to  2-06. Seamus Casey then added a point with a well taken score five minutes later. Corner forward Diarmuid O'Donnell was then swapped with Emmet McMahon and spent the remainder of the match between the sticks. With eight minutes remaining Cooraclare widened their lead to 7 points before Stephen Sheehan brought the gap between the sides back to two goals. The home side scored two consecutive points within a minute to bring the score to 2-10 to 1-05.   JJ Carrig added Kil/Cool's final point and soon after Cooraclare got the last score of the game. Full Time score: Cooraclare 2-11 Kil/Cool 1-06

Kil/Cool team: Emmet McMahon, Darren Crehan, Darragh Watson, Conor Cusack, Jack Kirrane, Ryan Casey, Luke McGrath, Stephen Sheehan (0-2), Seamus Casey (1-1), Dylan Power (0-1), JJ Carrig (0-1) BarryMcMahon, Dylan O'Halloran (0-1) , Eoghan Hogan, Diarmuid O'Donnell.
Subs: Ronan Murphy for Dylan O'Halloran, Gary Murrihy for Eoghan Hogan, James Kelly for Barry McMahon.

Report by Mikey Donnellan