• At all times Midfielders must retreat to middle zone for all dead ball situations ie kickouts,sidelnes,frees
• Play commences with throw in
• The keeper may advance to the 20m line to kick out the ball
• The side to side shoulder charge is not permitted
• The ball maybe caught in the hands and played away by kicking it or striking it with the hand
• The ball maybe carried four steps before bouncing or toe tapping it
• Players are restricted to one bounce and one toe tap per possession
• The ball must be lifted from the ground by placing the toe under the ball
• When the ball is fouled (over carried) opposition player nearest the ball takes the free
• When a free is awarded the ball is to be given ,on the full , to the player taking the free
• If this does not happen the ball is advanced 5m
• When the ball goes out of play the player nearest to the ball takes the kick from the hands
• When a defender plays the ball over their own end line , the opposing team is awarded a 30m kick
• Opposing players to be at least 5m from player taking free, sideline or kick out
• Frees to be no closer than 13m from end line
• Scoring system
• A goal is equal to one point
• A point (normal point) is also equal to 1 point. This is to encourage the skill of point taking
• Skill points to be awarded by referees to encourage players to attempt these skills
• One skill point for clean over head catch
• One skill point for block down
• One skill point for chip or flick up
• Double value for scores with the Lazy (weaker) leg. Ask players to pull up sock on weaker side.
Please use small cones across pitch to clearly mark the zones
Playing a Under 10 Go-Game
There are no A squads
1. There are no medals, group tables and therefore no winners
2. All club mentors should enter into the spirit of the Go Games and these are
· Fair Play
· Player development
3. Clubs with multiple teams should divide their players into balanced teams not create A or B team’s
1 Three zones. (Backs = 30 Metres, Midfield = 5 Metres, Forwards = 30 Metres). Players remain within the zone to which they are assigned - midfielders can enter all zones but must return to the midfield zone for any free, sideline or kick out.
2 Go-Game consists of 2 halves of 12 minutes with a 5-minute break at half time.
3 Players rotate positions (i.e. backs become forwards etc) simply by changing the Goalkeeper.
4 Midfield players must be changed at half time.
5 Every child should play at least 1 half in every Go-Game.
6 Every Team should play at least 2 Go-Games per Blitz.
7 Midfield players can be identified by different coloured bibs to help referee’s identify them.
8 Every team should try to use 2 goalkeepers per game.
9 Slalom poles to be used for goals and space cones along either side of the middle zone,side lines and end lines to identify all the boundaries.